Use your leftover Halloween candy to make an extra special sweet treat !
- Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
- Total Time: 40 MINUTES
- Author: SHERRY
- YIELD: 9 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chopped leftover Halloween candy
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Mixture will be thick and glossy.
- Stir in a scant 1 cup of coarsely chopped candy, leave a little for the top
- Put the dough into your prepared pan and press to make sure its even. Top with remaining candy
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are golden brown. Let the blondes cool for 15 minutes before cutting
- Once the blondies are cool, cut into 9 squares and enjoy!